WE ARE OPEN!
Our new operating hours are 12pm-9pm Monday-Sunday and the bistro will be open from 12pm-3pm and 5pm-8pm Wednesday-Sunday
Please read our updated operating proceedures as per the state government's new regulations:
- Capacity must not exceed one customer per 4 square metres of space.
- If the premises hosts events such as weddings and/or has an area for dancing, ensure there is adequate room to promote physical distancing. Develop strategies to avoid crowding and to ensure people do not take alcoholic drinks onto the dancefloor. Dancefloors at weddings must be restricted to the wedding couple and wedding party only.
- Ensure no more than 20 customers at a table.
- Reduce contact between customer groups wherever possible.
- Move or remove tables and seating to support 1.5 metres of physical distance where possible. Household or other close contacts are not required to physically distance.
- Reduce crowding and promote physical distancing with markers on the floor where people are asked to queue, such as at the bar.
- Where possible, ensure staff maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing (including at meal breaks and in office or meeting rooms) and assign workers to specific workstations.
- Implement measures to ensure 1.5 metres is maintained between patrons using gaming machines and gaming tables. This could be achieved through measures such as removing seats or turning off every second machine.
- Alcohol can only be consumed by seated customers.
- Where reasonably practical, stagger start times and breaks for staff members.
- Consider physical barriers such as plexiglass around counters with high volume interactions with customers.
- Review regular deliveries and request contactless delivery/invoicing where practical.
- No more than 20 customers per tour group for wineries, breweries and distilleries.
- Introduce strategies to manage gatherings that may occur outside the premises.
- Take measures to ensure drivers of courtesy vehicles minimise close contact with passengers as much as possible.
- High energy dance, as well as singing (including karaoke) and wind instruments, can spread COVID-19 if a participant is infected. Additional planning around these activities should be undertaken from a work health and safety perspective, including ensuring 3 metres distance from the audience.
All members, guests and visitors will be required to sign in on arrival and sign out upon depature.
Walk ins are welcome
Health and safety measures are in place for your protection. Tables are distanced and sanitised between each customer. Menus are laminated for cleaning purposes and hung around the walls to minimise handling.
Contactless payment is encouraged.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Welcome to Club Rose Bay
Situated on one of Sydney's stunning harbour beaches, Club Rose Bay is the perfect location for a relaxing drink with friends & family or even the most elaborate wedding or special event.
The Club's spectacular location & facilities promise convenience, quality, affordability and comfort. Close to Rose Bay Ferry Wharf, numerous bus stops and Sydney Sea Planes as well as having ample parking available, members and visitors have a variety of transport options on offer and is easily accessible .
From the bistro, members and visitors can choose from an appetizing menu in a casual dining setting for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Here you will find $1 pool tables, jukebox and Keno facilities as well as weekly activities such as Trivia, Bridge and the Friday night Raffles.
Club Rose Bay has on offer a range of bars and function rooms for hire - The Deck Bar Lounge, Monash Hall, Bayview room & Board room.
For weddings & special events, see our 'Deck Bar Lounge.' This lounge is the perfect venue with its own private outdoor deck overlooking the bay and the city as well as an exclusive bar & other additional privileges.
Please enjoy browsing our website to find out what Club Rose Bay can offer you.